The use of an ‘affiliate member’ area on your site can help your affiliates understand you are willing to help them become successful.
Some of the tips you may wish to pass along include…
* Develop an Ezine – The use of an ezine can assist an affiliate in list building and can help them provide solid information to their site visitors. If possible you should consider developing a series of articles they could use in the promotion of your product or service.
* Product or Service Reviews – Encourage your affiliates to test the product fully and then develop a personalized product review they can post on their website and make available in their ezines. The personal touch from your affiliates will go a long way in the endorsement and subsequent trust site visitors may have in considering the displayed product or service.
* Affiliate Enhancement – You should consider making bonus informational items available for affiliates who have achieved a certain level of salesmanship. Once a sales plateau has been reached use an autoresponder to deliver an access code to the affiliate alerting them to an ecourse or eBook they are now entitled to that will assist them in enhancing their online marketing.
* Top Tier Perks – For the affiliate sites that perform the best you might consider the purchase of advertisements in targeted ezines that promote the product through the top affiliate of the month.
* Encourage Feedback – Make your affiliate relations as important as customer relations. Encourage your affiliates to interact with you by asking questions and providing input. You may be surprised at the positive ideas your affiliates may provide that may supply added growth to the overall network.
By giving your affiliates substantial tools to develop their affiliate sites you stand a better chance of retaining that affiliate and assisting them in their ability to sell your product. In essence you become a mentor and cheerleader. If everyone has done their job the partnership allows both you and your affiliate to see the arrangement as a winning proposition.
In the end, it’s what both of you really want.